Career Opportunities: Programmer Analyst (58610)
Req ID 58610 - Posted 10/20/2014 - Posting Location (1) - Job Province / State (1) - Job City (1) - Information Technology - Bell Corporate
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 134 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company's vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada's leading communications company, we're committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you're passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Business Markets provides a vast array of communications solutions for small, medium, and large organizations. These include managed data and network solutions, cloud computing, conferencing, Web, security solutions and integrated information and communications technology (ICT) services.
Bell Canada is seeking a Programmer Analyst to join our team in St. John's, Newfoundland. The successful candidate will be engaged in the management and support of production applications in the Healthcare space. The candidate must be capable of working in a fast paced and demanding environment. Familiarity with application management best practices coupled with knowledge of all phases of programming and a good knowledge of development methodologies with particular concentration on programming and testing methodologies is required.
* Perform troubleshooting for client.
* Design, code, test, debug and document programs.
* Evaluate client requirements, make solution recommendations and provide estimates.
* Provide project estimates to Project Manager and\or Supervisor.
* Recommend improvements to existing operational application systems and environments.
* Document processes and procedures.
* Design and build appropriate database objects, warehouse builds, OLAP models.
* Design and develop ETL processes in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS
Additional responsibilities may include:
* Develop and enhance reporting package using Cognos Framework Manager.
* Develop, enhance and optimize reports in Cognos Report Studio.
* Develop and maintain data cubes using Powerplay.
* University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Commerce (MIS) or, other University degree plus one year IT diploma in a recognized college (e.g. ITI) or, three year diploma from an accredited institution.
* Excellent understanding of software development best practices.
* Development and maintenance experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS
* 3+ years experience programming in VB .NET, Visual Studio and Source Code Management (e.g. Subversion
* 2+ years experience with ASP.NET 2.0, ADO.NET 2.0, .NET Web Services, .NET Windows Forms 2.0, .NET and Microsoft Word integration.
The following skills and experience are considered assets:
* Experience with Cognos 8 Business Intelligence Tools (Cognos 8 Framework Manager, Report Studio and Analysis Studio
* Experience with PL/SQL, Stored Procedures and SQL and Oracle Server database.
* Experience with XML (and XSD jscript and Powershell.
* ITIL training and certification.
* Problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
* Solid interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work in a team environment.
* Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task.
BCE:WKP #Feature *LI-SH
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's
Application Deadline: 11/10/2014
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, Newfoundland, St. John's
Job Function: Technology and Digital Media